Author Question: John is alienated and this is reflected in how he responds to others. A friend recently asked him, ... (Read 21 times)

jho37

John is alienated and this is reflected in how he responds to others. A friend recently asked him, How's life treating you? John truthfully responded:

A) A-OK
  B) I really don't care.
  C) I'm distressed by it.
  D) Let me think about it and I'll get back to you later.

Question 2

Sociologist who stressed the development of alienation among workers in a capitalist system:

A) Emile Durkheim
  B) Auguste Comte
  C) Max Weber
  D) Karl Marx

iceage

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

D

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

An identified risk factor for osteoporosis is the intake of excessive amounts of vitamin A. Dietary intake of approximately double the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, by women, has been shown to reduce bone mineral density and increase the chances for hip fractures compared with women who consumed the recommended daily amount (or less) of vitamin A.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library