Author Question: Shannon is observing a painting. She perceives one object in the painting as a two-dimensional ... (Read 173 times)

Anajune7

Shannon is observing a painting. She perceives one object in the painting as a two-dimensional circle and another object as a three-dimensional sphere. Which of the following monocular cues can account for this effect?

A) Convergence
  B) Shadowing
  C) Retinal disparity
  D) Shape constancy

Question 2

Suppose a person is fired and he harbors beliefs such as: This job was the most important thing in my life, What a no-good failure I am, My family will starve, I'll never find a job as good, There's nothing I can do about it. According to Albert Ellis, such irrational beliefs contribute to anxiety and depression by:

A) creating an approach-approach conflict.
  B) catastrophizing the extent of loss.
  C) lowering an individual's emotional reaction to loss.
  D) reducing hypertension.

annierak

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

B