Author Question: Neurotransmitters are ____ that travel across the ____ to another cell. a. electrical ... (Read 9 times)

sam.t96

Neurotransmitters are ____ that travel across the ____ to another cell.

a.

electrical signals; neural receptors

b.

electrical signals; synapse

c.

chemicals; neural receptors

d.

chemicals; synapse

Question 2

Nathan Neuron just fired his axon, causing a release of chemicals into the synapse. More More shout the neurons that received Nathans chemicals. Nathan replies, I cant right now, I have to take my break, a.k.a., my ____.

a. refractory period
  b. postsynaptic potential
  c. action potential
  d. self-propagation

heinisk01

Answer to Question 1

ANSWER:
d

Answer to Question 2

ANSWER:
a

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms of a drug overdose include losing consciousness, fever or sweating, breathing problems, abnormal pulse, and changes in skin color.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library