Author Question: I'm very important, says Nathan. I direct the growth of cells in the brain, and I secrete chemicals ... (Read 24 times)

geoffrey

I'm very important, says Nathan. I direct the growth of cells in the brain, and I secrete chemicals to repair damaged cells. Kate says, Well, I'm special too. I receive messages from thousands of other cells, and my axon can conduct action potentials. Nathan is a ____ and Kate is a ____.

a. dendrite; neuron
  b. dendrite; mitochondrion
  c. glial cell; neuron
  d. glial cell; mitochondrion

Question 2

Neurons have some similarities with other cells in the human body. Which characteristic is seen in neurons, but not in most other cells?

a. having an outer membrane
  b. having a cell body with a nucleus
  c. having the ability to transmit signals to other cells
  d. having mitochondria to help generate energy

nikmaaacs

Answer to Question 1

ANSWER:
c

Answer to Question 2

ANSWER:
c

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library