This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Leannes friends love her 60-year-old mother, Liz, who is very warm and friendly. In fact, Liz ... (Read 197 times)

Ebrown

Leannes friends love her 60-year-old mother, Liz, who is very warm and friendly. In fact, Liz encourages Leanne to bring over her friends for cocktail parties or cookouts every weekend that she is free (i.e., when shes not involved with a book club, painting class, or yoga retreat). Although Leanne appreciates her mothers hospitality, she frequently declines these invitations because of the complications surrounding her closest friend, Alicia. Alicia would be hurt not to be included, but might dampen the party with her anxiety, anger, hostility, and tendency towards depression. Leanne never knows what she will do or say next. The Big Five trait that best describes this aspect of Alicias personality is ____.

a. neuroticism
  b. cynicism
  c. instability
  d. unpredictability

Question 2

Leannes friends love her 60-year-old mother, Liz, who is very warm and friendly. In fact, Liz encourages Leanne to bring over her friends for cocktail parties or cookouts every weekend that she is free (i.e., when shes not involved with a book club, painting class, or yoga retreat). Leannes father dreads it when her mother invites Leannes friends over. He is reserved, uncomfortable with people he does not know well, and prefers quiet evenings of reading. The Big Five trait that best describes this aspect of his personality is ____.

a. conscientiousness
  b. passiveness
  c. neuroticism
  d. introversion