Author Question: You overhear a group of EMTs discussing the concept of driving an ambulance with due regard for the ... (Read 25 times)

iveyjurea

You overhear a group of EMTs discussing the concept of driving an ambulance with due regard for the safety of others. Which of the following statements indicates that the EMT understands the concept?

a. When responding to an emergency, I drive as fast as possible so that emergency care can be delivered as quickly as possible.
  b. When taking a patient to the hospital, I drive as quickly as possible so that I can get back into service for another call.
  c. When approaching an intersection, I wait for all traffic to stop before proceeding through.
  d. It is acceptable to take a nonemergency patient to the hospital using lights and siren if dispatch informs me that there is another call waiting.

Question 2

Which of the following tasks is not a task an OEC Technician should be ready to perform in assisting an EMT in the back of an ambulance?

a. Medication administration
  b. Airway management
  c. Hemorrhage control
  d. Splinting

janeli

Answer to Question 1

Answer: c

Answer to Question 2

Answer: a