This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: While cleaning a gun, a 44-year-old man accidentally shot himself in the abdomen. On arrival the ... (Read 21 times)

abarnes

While cleaning a gun, a 44-year-old man accidentally shot himself in the abdomen. On arrival the patient is responsive to painful stimuli and lying on his side with his legs drawn to his chest. Blood is evident on his shirt and pants. Which one of the following shows the CORRECT sequence of events for caring for this patient?

A) Perform a primary and rapid secondary assessment, move to the stretcher for immediate transport, and start positive pressure ventilation en route to the hospital.
  B) Perform the primary assessment, administer high-flow oxygen, perform the secondary assessment, transfer to the stretcher, and provide rapid transport.
  C) Transfer to the ambulance, perform the primary assessment, provide oxygen therapy, and provide rapid transport.
  D) Transfer to the ambulance, provide rapid transport, perform primary and secondary assessments, and administer oxygen therapy en route to the hospital.

Question 2

You are having a difficult time controlling bleeding from a small skin avulsion to a patient's ankle. Which one of the following statements made by the patient BEST explains why control has been difficult to achieve?

A) I take steroids for my lung disease.
  B) My blood pressure sometimes runs a little high.
  C) I take Coumadin for my irregular heartbeat.
  D) I drank a lot of alcohol last night.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

vboyd24

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B

Answer to Question 2

Answer: C

abarnes

Reply 2 on: Jul 2, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Perkypinki

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

People who have myopia, or nearsightedness, are not able to see objects at a distance but only up close. It occurs when the cornea is either curved too steeply, the eye is too long, or both. This condition is progressive and worsens with time. More than 100 million people in the United States are nearsighted, but only 20% of those are born with the condition. Diet, eye exercise, drug therapy, and corrective lenses can all help manage nearsightedness.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library