This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What is a typical REM and N-REM cycling in humans? a. First half of sleep: N-REM dominates; ... (Read 61 times)

laurencescou

What is a typical REM and N-REM cycling in humans?

a. First half of sleep: N-REM dominates; second half of sleep: REM dominates.
  b. First half of sleep: REM dominates; second half of sleep: N-REM dominates.
  c. First half of sleep: only N-REM occurs; second half of sleep: only REM occurs.
  d. First half of sleep: only REM occurs; second half of sleep: only N-REM occurs.

Question 2

Dan, startled by the sound of a loud thump in the middle of the night, catches a glimpse of his roommate Yi wandering around their dorm room. The next morning Dan asks about the loud thump and Yi replies, I think I was asleep the entire night . . . but I have been known to sleepwalk from time-to-time. What stage of sleep was Yi likely experiencing while sleepwalking?

a. Stage 1 N-REM
  b. Stage 2 N-REM
  c. Stage 3 or 4 N-REM
  d. REM sleep

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Gabe

Answer to Question 1

ANSWER:
a

Answer to Question 2

ANSWER:
c

laurencescou

Reply 2 on: Jun 19, 2018
:D TYSM

vickyvicksss

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

Vampire bats have a natural anticoagulant in their saliva that permits continuous bleeding after they painlessly open a wound with their incisors. This capillary blood does not cause any significant blood loss to their victims.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library