This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: You are by the side of an 80-year-old male whose wife called EMS because he had tearing-type ... (Read 20 times)

skymedlock

You are by the side of an 80-year-old male whose wife called EMS because he had tearing-type abdominal pain. He states that he was just discharged from the hospital this morning after being treated for gastroenteritis. When questioned further he states that he remains nauseated but the medications for the vomiting and diarrhea seem to be working, as he is not experiencing either of them anymore. Since he was just in the hospital, he states that he would like to refuse transport and continue his recovery at home. Your response would be:

A) I agree that the medications are working, but be safe and call you family doctor.
  B) I don't know; your symptoms don't seem to be related to gastroenteritis.
  C) I think you are right about getting better; it is up to you if you want to go back.
  D) I am not comfortable with this; it sounds as if your gastroenteritis is not any better.

Question 2

Which of the following questions would BEST assess for injury to the spine?

A) Can you squeeze my hands? B) Are you having trouble breathing?
  C) What medications do you take? D) Is your vision blurry?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nyrave

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

A

skymedlock

Reply 2 on: Jul 2, 2018
Gracias!

cam1229

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Stroke kills people from all ethnic backgrounds, but the people at highest risk for fatal strokes are: black men, black women, Asian men, white men, and white women.

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library