This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: You have arrived at a residence to help another crew with a 62-year-old woman who is complaining of ... (Read 41 times)

KimWrice

You have arrived at a residence to help another crew with a 62-year-old woman who is complaining of fatigue, chest discomfort, and diaphoresis. The EMTs on scene report that she has a history of hypertension for which she takes a blood pressure pill and is prescribed nitroglycerin because she has atherosclerosis. She also reports an allergy to aspirin. Vitals are pulse 64, respirations 16, blood pressure 128/86, and SpO2 97 on room air. Which of the following statements made by the EMTs would require immediate intervention on your part?

A) I am not going to attach the AED, because she is conscious and has a pulse.
  B) I am going to put her on high-concentration oxygen because she had chest pain.
  C) I will contact medical direction for permission to administer her nitroglycerin.
  D) I am not going to give her any aspirin, because she says that she is allergic to it.

Question 2

Your patient has a history of severe anaphylaxis and carries several auto-injectors. You have administered one of the auto-injectors, but the patient's condition continues to worsen. Which of the following is the next best course of action?

A) Continue supportive care en route to the hospital.
  B) Contact medical control.
  C) Divert transport to a hospital with critical care capabilities.
  D) Immediately administer a second auto-injector.