This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Your patient is a middle-aged man who appears to be in distress and is clutching his chest. These ... (Read 117 times)

Your patient is a middle-aged man who appears to be in distress and is clutching his chest. These observations lead you to suspect which type of problem?

A) Digestive B) Anaphylaxis C) Cardiac D) Choking

Question 2

A 22-year-old woman presents in moderate distress, complaining of diffuse lower abdominal pain. She states that the pain has become progressively worse for the past two weeks and she is now unable to walk without an increase in pain. Your physical exam reveals severe pain with palpation of the lower abdomen and the following vital signs: heart rate 102, blood pressure 118/74 mmHg, and respirations 20. Which of the following statements made by the patient would most indicate the presence of pelvic inflammatory disease?

A) My boyfriend was just diagnosed with chlamydia.
  B) I take birth control pills.
  C) My last menstrual cycle was normal.
  D) I have chronic urinary tract infections.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ryhom

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

A

Reply 2 on: Jul 2, 2018
Wow, this really help

TheDev123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Asthma cases in Americans are about 75% higher today than they were in 1980.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library