This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: You must assess the pupils of a 5-year-old who fell off a bed while playing. Which of the following ... (Read 11 times)

vicky

You must assess the pupils of a 5-year-old who fell off a bed while playing. Which of the following statements would be most appropriate prior to performing this assessment?

A) I am going to look at your pupils with my light.
  B) I am going to use this light to look into your eyes.
  C) I need to test your visual acuity by shining a light in your eyes.
  D) Open your eyes so that I can look at them.

Question 2

Which one of the following statements concerning assessment of the pulse is correct?

A) The heart rate can be determined by doubling the number of beats counted in 30 seconds.
  B) To get the most accurate rate, the EMT should place a stethoscope over the pulse site and count the number of beats in 1 minute.
  C) A brachial pulse should be felt first in any patient under 6 years of age.
  D) After much experience, an EMT can estimate the pulse rate by just feeling it for a few seconds.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

LegendaryAnswers

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

A

vicky

Reply 2 on: Jul 2, 2018
:D TYSM

Chelseyj.hasty

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library