This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The family of a 31-year-old female reports that she has taken an overdose of her father's diabetes ... (Read 31 times)

melly21297

The family of a 31-year-old female reports that she has taken an overdose of her father's diabetes medication. Assessment reveals her to be unresponsive, laying on the floor with snoring respirations. Her pulse is rapid and her skin is cool to the touch. She has no history of diabetes but is allergic to penicillin. It is believed that she took the medication within the past hour. Your initial intervention in caring for this patient would be to:

A) administer activated charcoal.
  B) induce vomiting.
  C) perform a jaw-thrust maneuver.
  D) administer milk.

Question 2

Which one of the following statements should the EMT recognize as an absolute contraindication to the use of fibrinolytic medications in the emergency department?

A) I have high blood pressure for which I take medication.
  B) Two months ago I had a stroke on the left side of my brain.
  C) My doctor told me to take a baby aspirin every day.
  D) I had my appendix removed six months ago.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

enass

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

B

melly21297

Reply 2 on: Jul 2, 2018
Wow, this really help

elyse44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

Cucumber slices relieve headaches by tightening blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the area, and relieving pressure.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library