Author Question: Which one of the following offers the best explanation of why a patient experiencing a syncopal ... (Read 16 times)

joe

Which one of the following offers the best explanation of why a patient experiencing a syncopal episode regains consciousness after falling?

A) The act of falling causes the heart rate to decrease.
  B) The supine position allows more blood to perfuse the brain.
  C) The trauma of falling causes the blood glucose level to increase.
  D) The seizure stops once the patient is supine.

Question 2

Your patient has a history of benign prostatic hypertrophy. Which of the following complaints is most consistent with this history?

A) It seems like I urinate a gallon at a time.
  B) My urine is cloudy and has a strong odor.
  C) I can't seem to urinate.
  D) I have blood in my urine first thing in the morning.

josephsuarez

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library