This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement would the EMT expect from a patient with unstable angina? A) When I stop what I ... (Read 70 times)

Anajune7

Which statement would the EMT expect from a patient with unstable angina?

A) When I stop what I am doing, the pain goes away.
  B) If I take a nitroglycerin tablet, the pain stops.
  C) The chest pain awakens me from my nighttime sleep.
  D) The antacid my doctor prescribed seems to take the pain away.

Question 2

In which of the following patients would a Combitube dual-lumen airway be used with caution?

A) A 28-year-old man who is in cardiac arrest after his kayak capsized, trapping him under water for several minutes
  B) A 40-year-old woman who has taken an overdose of tricyclic antidepressants and is unresponsive to all stimuli
  C) A 59-year-old man with a history of chronic alcoholism who was found in cardiac arrest at a homeless shelter
  D) A 16-year-old woman who is unresponsive following a motor vehicle collision in which she was ejected, sustaining traumatic brain injury