This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following anatomic differences dictate changes in airway management for the pediatric ... (Read 22 times)

fasfsadfdsfa

Which of the following anatomic differences dictate changes in airway management for the pediatric patient? 1. The occiput is proportionally larger. 2. The face is small and has a flat nose. 3. The trachea is softer and more flexible. 4. The larynx is lower, at the level of the sternal notch.

A) 1 and 2
  B) 1, 2, and 3
  C) 1 and 3
  D) 1, 2, 3, and 4

Question 2

You are by the side of a male patient who was deep sea diving earlier in the day. The 32-year-old informs you that he thinks he pulled a muscle in his shoulder, which has been hurting more as the day goes on. When questioned, he admits to having a headache and blurred vision. You are suspicious of decompression sickness. Which one of the following statements made by the patient would be most significant given the situation?

A) I spent some time in a pocket of warm water.
  B) I ate seafood the night before.
  C) I saw a shark and came up as fast as I could.
  D) I took Tylenol before the dive for a headache.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jaykayy05

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

fasfsadfdsfa

Reply 2 on: Jul 3, 2018
Excellent

AmberC1996

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

On average, the stomach produces 2 L of hydrochloric acid per day.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library