This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Your partner is assessing a patient who has a history of antisocial disorder and who just got into a ... (Read 8 times)

JMatthes

Your partner is assessing a patient who has a history of antisocial disorder and who just got into a heated verbal exchange with his neighbor. He threatened to kill his neighbor and 911 was called. As you observe the patient, which of the following is the strongest indication that the patient may be ready to have a violent outburst?

A) Avoiding eye contact
  B) Clenching of both fists
  C) Refusal to answer questions
  D) Increased sighing

Question 2

While transporting a patient with schizophrenia, he suddenly screams, Do you see that snake? It is right next to you Kill it How should you respond to this patient?

A) Where do you see the snake? Can you describe its color? Do you see more than one?
  B) There is not a snake in the ambulance. They could not live in here because there is no food.
  C) I do not see a snake; I see a stethoscope. I do not doubt that you see a snake.
  D) What do you mean a snake? This is a new ambulance. I hope that it did not come with a snake

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

stallen

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

JMatthes

Reply 2 on: Jul 3, 2018
:D TYSM

kjohnson

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library