This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following actions of the paramedic may lead to decubitus ulcer development in the ... (Read 28 times)

dakota nelson

Which of the following actions of the paramedic may lead to decubitus ulcer development in the elderly patient?

A) Failing to pad the backboard for a patient in need of spinal immobilization
  B) Allowing the patient to remain in the same position during an extended transport time
  C) Failing to remove wet or soiled clothing of the incontinent patient
  D) All of the above

Question 2

The EMT shows she understands the importance and reason for forming a general impression when she states:

A) The general impression permits a rapid diagnosis of the patient's problem.
  B) Forming a general impression allows me to fully assess the emergency situation.
  C) The general impression enables me to rule out any life-threatening conditions.
  D) Forming a general impression provides me with a rough idea of the patient's overall status.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

rnehls

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

D

dakota nelson

Reply 2 on: Jul 3, 2018
Gracias!

adammoses97

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Tobacco depletes the body of vitamins A, C, and E, which can result in any of the following: dry hair, dry skin, dry eyes, poor growth, night blindness, abscesses, insomnia, fatigue, reproductive system problems, sinusitis, pneumonia, frequent respiratory problems, skin disorders, weight loss, rickets, osteomalacia, nervousness, muscle spasms, leg cramps, extremity numbness, bone malformations, decayed teeth, difficulty in walking, irritability, restlessness, profuse sweating, increased uric acid (gout), joint damage, damaged red blood cells, destruction of nerves, infertility, miscarriage, and many types of cancer.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

In the ancient and medieval periods, dysentery killed about ? of all babies before they reach 12 months of age. The disease was transferred through contaminated drinking water, because there was no way to adequately dispose of sewage, which contaminated the water.

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library