This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Your partner is performing the Markle (heel drop) test on a patient complaining of abdominal pain. ... (Read 42 times)

mpobi80

Your partner is performing the Markle (heel drop) test on a patient complaining of abdominal pain. Which of the following instructions provided to the patient indicates that she is performing the test correctly?

A) Please raise each leg one at a time. I will need to know if you feel any pain, especially in your heels.
  B) I am going to gently press inward on your belly and then quickly release the pressure.
  C) I am going to press on your belly with my hands. Please tell me if you suddenly feel pain in your ankles.
  D) I need you to stand on the tips of your toes, then on my command drop onto your heels.

Question 2

You have been called to a residence of a woman who fell down the stairs. On scene you find the patient on the couch with a large laceration to her forehead. As you begin assessing and treating her, she states that she did not fall down the stairs, but was assaulted by her ex-boyfriend after inviting him into her home. In this situation, what statement would be most appropriate?

A) What is the name of your ex-boyfriend?
  B) Aside from your head, do you hurt anywhere else?
  C) I am not going to bandage your head so we can preserve evidence.
  D) Why did you invite your ex-boyfriend over to your house?