This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: You suspect a trauma patient to be suffering from a hemothorax to the left lung. What assessment ... (Read 15 times)

burton19126

You suspect a trauma patient to be suffering from a hemothorax to the left lung. What assessment finding would reinforce this suspicion?

A) Neck vein distention and absent breath sounds to the right lung
  B) Cyanosis and a blood pressure of 210/100 mmHg
  C) Bradycardia and hypertension
  D) Respiratory distress and the signs and symptoms of shock

Question 2

Which of the following patient statements should cause the EMT to suspect an abdominal aortic aneurysm?

A) I have belly pain that I also feel in my back.
  B) My heart is beating so hard, you can feel it on my chest.
  C) The pain is sharp and spreads to both arms.
  D) I seem to be vomiting up some blood.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ansleighelindsey

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

A

burton19126

Reply 2 on: Jul 3, 2018
Excellent

tranoy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library