This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following best indicates the policy that the United States government followed toward ... (Read 20 times)

mspears3

Which of the following best indicates the policy that the United States government followed toward business during World War I?

A)  busting more trusts during the war years than in the preceding dozen years.
  B)  deregulating most of the transportation and communications industries.
  C)  operating the railroads and creating five thousand government agencies to supervise home-front activities.
  D)  proclaiming that the war for democracy would be won by showing the world that private industry could do the job without regulation.
  E)  imposing many new regulations on business and industry but supervised them with a minimum of bureaucracy.

Question 2

Which of the following accurately describes Franz Ferdinand's importance?

A) His coup d'tat in Germany led that country to declare war on Russia and France.
  B) His studies of malaria allowed the U.S. Corps of Engineers to successfully deal with mosquitoes and build the Panama Canal.
  C) His assassination sparked World War I.
  D) His rise to the throne of Great Britain guaranteed Anglo-American cooperation.
  E) His failure to make a firm stand against Serbia led to World War I.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

spencer.martell

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

C

mspears3

Reply 2 on: Jul 4, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

nanny

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

The top 10 most important tips that will help you grow old gracefully include (1) quit smoking, (2) keep your weight down, (3) take supplements, (4) skip a meal each day or fast 1 day per week, (5) get a pet, (6) get medical help for chronic pain, (7) walk regularly, (8) reduce arguments, (9) put live plants in your living space, and (10) do some weight training.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library