This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Mary Harris Jones A) was a leader of the United Mine Workers of America who expanded its ... (Read 44 times)

futuristic

Mary Harris Jones

A) was a leader of the United Mine Workers of America who expanded its membership by stressing the need to fight for families.
  B) founded to the Women's Christian Temperance Union to try and reduce drinking in the laboring class.
  C) lobbied for reform in how the mentally handicapped were treated.
  D) assassinated James Garfield in 1881.
  E) persuaded Andrew Carnegie that well paid workers would be the best workers.

Question 2

Which of the following best describes economic mobility in late nineteenth century America?

A) There were dramatic leaps forward for those in the bottom rungs.
  B) Millions experienced an improved standard of living, while the gap between rich and poor widened.
  C) It was an era when 73 of Americans controlled most of the nation's wealth.
  D) Economically, it was difficult for those in the middle class, who saw their status remain stagnant or decline.
  E) Upward mobility was nonexistent for all levels of society  rich, poor and middle class.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

vkodali

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

B

futuristic

Reply 2 on: Jul 4, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

lcapri7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA was discovered in 1961 in the United Kingdom. It if often referred to as a superbug. MRSA infections cause more deaths in the United States every year than AIDS.

Methicilli ...
Did you know?

Pope Sylvester II tried to introduce Arabic numbers into Europe between the years 999 and 1003, but their use did not catch on for a few more centuries, and Roman numerals continued to be the primary number system.

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library