This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Match each of the following items with its appropriate definition. Each item should be used only ... (Read 29 times)

Redwolflake15

Match each of the following items with its appropriate definition. Each item should be used only once.

a. noncumulative preferred stock
  b. dividends
  c. payment date
  d. declaration date
  e. preferred stock
  f. cash dividends
  g. date of record
  h. cumulative preferred stock
  i. dividends in arrears
  j. treasury stock

1. Type of corporate stock that has preference rights over common stock
   2. Corporate distribution of earnings to the shareholders of the corporation
  3. A distribution of earnings in the form of cash to the shareholders of a corporation
  4. Date when the board of directors of a corporation authorizes the payment of dividends to the shareholders of the corporation
  5. Date used to determine which shareholders should receive dividends; anyone owning stock on this date is entitled to receive dividends
  6. Stock of a corporation that has been issued and has been repurchased by the issuing corporation.
  7. Date when cash dividends are actually paid to shareholders of a corporation.
  8. Stock on which the fixed dividend amount accumulates from year to year; the entire amount of all past unpaid dividends must be paid to the preferred shareholders before any dividends can be paid to the common shareholders
  9. Any dividends owed to the preferred shareholders from past years, but were not declared and are currently unpaid
  10. Preferred stock that is not entitled to receive past, unpaid dividends

Question 2

Selling goods on account is not common practice at the retail level of the distribution process.
 a. True
   b. False
   Indicate whether the statement is true or false