This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The employee's earnings record is a summary of the earnings of all employees for each pay period. ... (Read 51 times)

fbq8i

The employee's earnings record is a summary of the earnings of all employees for each pay period.
 a. True
   b. False
   Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Question 2

Explain the differences between cash-basis and accrual accounting.

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jane

Answer to Question 1

False

Answer to Question 2

Cash-basis accounting is a system based on the exchange of cash. In this system, revenue is recognized only when cash is collected, and an expense is recognized only when cash is disbursed. Cash-basis accounting is not an acceptable method under GAAP.

Accrual accounting is the required method of reporting under GAAP. Under accrual accounting, revenues are recognized when earned, and expenses are recognized when incurred. The recognition of revenues and expenses does not always occur in the same accounting period as the related cash receipts and cash disbursements.

fbq8i

Reply 2 on: Jul 5, 2018
Excellent

alexanderhamilton

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

Chronic marijuana use can damage the white blood cells and reduce the immune system's ability to respond to disease by as much as 40%. Without a strong immune system, the body is vulnerable to all kinds of degenerative and infectious diseases.

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library