This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A friend came to you and stated, I am flunking my management class. I need to pass or I won't ... (Read 31 times)

brutforce

A friend came to you and stated, I am flunking my management class. I need to pass or I won't graduate. Will you please help me? Your friend is using which influence strategy?

A) Retribution
  B) Reciprocity
  C) Reason
  D) Legitimacy
  E) Centrality

Question 2

The strength of one's personal powers would impact which influence strategy the most?

A) Retribution
  B) Reciprocity
  C) Reason

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

heyhey123

Answer to Question 1

Answer: C
Explanation: A) Incorrect. Retribution involves threats or intimidation, and your friend is using neither.
B) Incorrect. Your friend is not proposing a direct exchange or implying that you owe him one.
C) Correct. Your friend is appealing to the fact that you value education and care about his graduation.
D) Incorrect. Legitimacy is a form of personal power, not an influence strategy.
E) Incorrect. Centrality is a form of position power, not an influence strategy.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: C
Explanation: A) Incorrect. Retribution ignores the quality of ongoing relationships with others, so personal power is not necessarily helpful. On the other hand, reason as an influence strategy is focused on helping others see why your ideas make sense. This is most likely to occur if the manager is perceived as knowledgeable on the subject or if his personal characteristics are attractive to the target person.
B) Incorrect. Reciprocity depends largely on the relationship or quid pro quo exchange, so personal power is not necessarily helpful. On the other hand, reason as an influence strategy is focused on helping others see why your ideas make sense. This is most likely to occur if the manager is perceived as knowledgeable on the subject or if his personal characteristics are attractive to the target person.
C) Correct. This is because reason as an influence strategy is focused on helping others see why your ideas make sense. This is most likely to occur if the manager is perceived as knowledgeable on the subject or if his personal characteristics are attractive to the target person.

brutforce

Reply 2 on: Jul 6, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

alvinum

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library