This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: If the person you are communicating with suddenly begins to drop important names in the conversation ... (Read 63 times)

FButt

If the person you are communicating with suddenly begins to drop important names in the conversation such as When the general manager, Sue, spoke with me about this matter, I offered her advice ...

you have probably caused this person to feel that he or she has been counseled.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false.

Question 2

If a subordinate's problem stems from attitudes, personality clashes, or other factors tied to emotions, his or her boss faces a counseling problem.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cassie_ragen

Answer to Question 1

Answer: FALSE
Explanation: The response of the employee in this case demonstrates that she has been disconfirmed and lacks a sense of value or worth. She is trying to make herself look good by suggesting that she offers advice to the general manager. Thus, her response is more a matter of demeaning communication than it is a matter of whether she has been counseled or not.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: TRUE
Explanation: Emotional and attitudinal problems are best addressed through a counseling approach, as opposed to coaching, which helps employees develop work skills.

FButt

Reply 2 on: Jul 6, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

skipfourms123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Cucumber slices relieve headaches by tightening blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the area, and relieving pressure.

Did you know?

People about to have surgery must tell their health care providers about all supplements they take.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library