This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In evaluating alternatives, individuals should make sure that alternatives are judged in terms of ... (Read 109 times)

NClaborn

In evaluating alternatives, individuals should make sure that alternatives are judged in terms of (1) their probable effects, (2) whether individuals involved will accept the alternative, and (3) the consistency with policies of the organization.

Which points are correct?
  A) All three points are correct.
  B) Points 1 and 2 are correct.
  C) Points 1 and 3 are correct.
  D) Points 2 and 3 are correct.

Question 2

Your boss remarks to you that decision making is concerned with the discovery and selection of satisfactory alternatives. What would be the best response to your boss?

A) No, I believe decision making is concerned with proper problem definition.
  B) No, I believe decision making is concerned with the generation of alternatives.
  C) No, I believe decision making is concerned with the discovery and selection of optimal alternatives.
  D) Yes, I agree.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Carissamariew

Answer to Question 1

Answer: A
Explanation: A) Correct. This list is not all-inclusive, but provides a good starting point. Additionally, evaluation should be systematic, alternatives should be judged according to an optimal standard, and alternatives should be stated explicitly.
B) Incorrect. All three points are correct. This list is not all-inclusive, but provides a good starting point. Additionally, evaluation should be systematic, alternatives should be judged according to an optimal standard, and alternatives should be stated explicitly.
C) Incorrect. All three points are correct. This list is not all-inclusive, but provides a good starting point. Additionally, evaluation should be systematic, alternatives should be judged according to an optimal standard, and alternatives should be stated explicitly.
D) Incorrect. All three points are correct. This list is not all-inclusive, but provides a good starting point. Additionally, evaluation should be systematic, alternatives should be judged according to an optimal standard, and alternatives should be stated explicitly.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: C
Explanation: A) Incorrect. Though problem definition is part of the decision-making process, it is not the end goal. More accurately, decision making is concerned with the discovery and selection of optimal alternatives.
B) Incorrect. Though alternative generation is part of the decision-making process, it is not the end goal. More accurately, decision making is concerned with the discovery and selection of optimal alternatives.
C) Correct. Selecting satisfactory alternatives results in lower-than-optimal performance outcomes. Decision making is concerned with the discovery and selection of optimal, rather than satisfactory, alternatives.
D) Incorrect. Selecting satisfactory alternatives results in lower-than-optimal performance outcomes. Decision making is concerned with the discovery and selection of optimal, rather than satisfactory, alternatives.

NClaborn

Reply 2 on: Jul 6, 2018
Gracias!

covalentbond

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

About 80% of major fungal systemic infections are due to Candida albicans. Another form, Candida peritonitis, occurs most often in postoperative patients. A rare disease, Candida meningitis, may follow leukemia, kidney transplant, other immunosuppressed factors, or when suffering from Candida septicemia.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library