This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Pam, Mazy, and Tim have just received their scores on the history test they took last week. Mazy and ... (Read 29 times)

fox

Pam, Mazy, and Tim have just received their scores on the history test they took last week. Mazy and Tim appear pleased with their scores. Pam, however, approaches her teacher and laments, I am so angry I studied really hard for this test, and I got a D. The test was just too hard According to Gordon, it is best if the teacher

a. gently criticizes Pam for making excuses for her poor performance.
  b. explains why the test was fair and why Pam likely performed poorly.
  c. helps Pam determine who owns the problem and shows interest in what she is saying.
  d. listens to Pam carefully and arranges for her to take a makeup exam.

Question 2

Which of the following is the clearest example of an I-message?

a. Pete, I get frustrated when you do that. Please stop..
  b. Kim, I think you are being immature and I want you to improve..
  c. Carol, I see you're the only one misbehaving. You should be ashamed..
  d. Brian, I want you to stop that now, and I mean it..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kalskdjl1212

Answer to Question 1

c

Answer to Question 2

a

fox

Reply 2 on: Jun 20, 2018
Excellent

Joy Chen

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library