Author Question: Ms. Sawyer, a fifth-grade art teacher, notices that Lamar, one of her more mischievous students, is ... (Read 134 times)

panfilo

Ms. Sawyer, a fifth-grade art teacher, notices that Lamar, one of her more mischievous students, is using a compass to drill into his drawing table. She responds to this behavior by saying, I get so upset when people are not respectful of my property. Let's try to be more caring.. This is an example of the use of

a. an I-message.
  b. the no-lose method.
  c. a direct appeal.
  d. defining limits.

Question 2

Sometimes it will be necessary to criticize students. If you follow suggestions offered in the text, you will

a. do it promptly, even if you must interrupt a lesson.
  b. do it privately, then say something encouraging.
  c. explain why the behavior is unacceptable and ask for an apology.
  d. first permit the student to explain, then give your criticism.

ynlevi

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

b