Author Question: In addition to biases existing on the part of people who do the ratings, the people who receive ... (Read 39 times)

kshipps

In addition to biases existing on the part of people who do the ratings, the people who receive evaluations (i.e., the ratees) can be biased as well. One example of ratee bias is egocentric bias, which is best described as the tendency to:

a. evaluate oneself more favorably than others do.
  b. believe that one is not in touch with their inner needs.
  c. believe that oneself is less fortunate and more incompetent than others.
  d. believe that others are envious of one's good looks and competencies.

Question 2

People feel a strong social obligation to return favors. Thus a potential flaw of 360-degree programs is that they are subject to collusion: I'll give you a good rating if you give me one. This situation is an example of:

a. experience effect.
  b. bandwagon bias.
  c. reciprocity bias.
  d. conflict of interest bias.

honnalora

Answer to Question 1

a

Answer to Question 2

c