Author Question: How do I make the decay constant the subject in the formula T=ln(2)/decay constant? (Read 589 times)

T = half life. Lol stuck on a physics question. I rearranged it to Decay constant = ln(2)/T ... but I have a feeling I have rearranged it wrong.

geoffrey

You have rearranged it correctly.

T = In(2) / D

Move the / D across the equals sign and it becomes T x D = In(2).

Then move the T over the equals sign to give:

D = In(2) / T.

Decay = In(2) / T

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

In the ancient and medieval periods, dysentery killed about ? of all babies before they reach 12 months of age. The disease was transferred through contaminated drinking water, because there was no way to adequately dispose of sewage, which contaminated the water.

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library