This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: All of the following statements reflect goals for teachers who teach in urban settings. Which goal ... (Read 44 times)

melina_rosy

All of the following statements reflect goals for teachers who teach in urban settings. Which goal is likely to be most difficult for a teacher to attain?

a. Teachers in urban settings should learn about the community in which they work, and about students' daily lives beyond the school.
  b. Teachers in urban settings should listen to the student's point of view in instances of misbehavior before negotiating or deciding upon a response.
  c. Teachers in urban settings should give their students ample opportunities for decision-making and to do meaningful work.
  d. Teachers should establish trusting relationships with students and their family members.

Question 2

Which of the following examples reflects a statement that might be made by a student with a realistic perspective on the causes of good and poor performance?

a. Lynette says, I brought my grade up this time because I made sure to do the homework every night..
  b. Dominique says, My teacher is so tricky If I study hard, she gives an easy test. If I don't study, she gives a hard test..
  c. Elton says, I did better on this test than I did on the last one..
  d. Venetia says, I am not a natural at math; my mom really struggled with it, too..