This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse manager has asked you to provide information regarding your preceptor that you have been ... (Read 54 times)

Charlie

The nurse manager has asked you to provide information regarding your preceptor that you have been assigned to for the past two months.

You feel the preceptor has been very supportive toward you and has demonstrated all the characteristics that you hoped to get in your first preceptor. When providing feedback, you would most likely include which of the following comments? My preceptor: Select all that apply. a. shows a commitment to the role of preceptor..
  b. often makes me feel like I am intruding on her time..
  c. helps me to practice and learn new clinical skills..
  d. seems to enjoy teaching me..
  e. makes me feel like I am incompetent..
  f. matches my learning style with her teaching style..

Question 2

Which type of organization has proven most successful in recruiting nurses?

a. primary care centres
  b. tertiary care centres
  c. magnet hospitals
  d. rehabilitation hospitals

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

choc0chan

Answer to Question 1

A, C, D, F
If you have had a good experience with the preceptor, you would most likely identify characteristics of
a good preceptor such as showing a commitment to the role, enjoying teaching you new skills, and
matching her teaching style with your learning style. You would not have a positive perception of the
preceptor if she made you feel incompetent or like you were an intruding on her time.

Answer to Question 2

c

a. Incorrect: Magnet hospitals are known to be the most successful at recruiting and retaining nurses.
b. Incorrect: Magnet hospitals are known to be the most successful at recruiting and retaining nurses.
c. Correct: Magnet hospitals are known to be the most successful at recruiting and retaining nurses.
d. Incorrect: Magnet hospitals are known to be the most successful at recruiting and retaining nurses.

Charlie

Reply 2 on: Jul 7, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

rleezy04

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library