Author Question: A nurse researcher has identified several individuals who will become members of four different ... (Read 17 times)

silviawilliams41

A nurse researcher has identified several individuals who will become members of four different groups.

These individuals share common characteristic and will be asked to respond to questions on a topic about which they are expected to have interest or expertise. These groups are an example of which of the following? a. Stakeholders c. Focus groups
  b. Stakeholder assessments d. Managerial epidemiology

Question 2

A nursing instructor wants to determine if the students know the types of questions that should be asked when they are interviewing for their first position. Which of the following questions are appropriate? Select all that apply.

a. How long should I expect to be in orientation?
  b. In case of short staffing, will I be pulled from orientation?
  c. Will I be paid for time in education programs?
  d. Is it tailored to my needs, or is it the same for everybody?
  e. What ongoing education will be available to me?
  f. Does it occur at the beginning of my new position or will it be offered in stages?

otokexnaru

Answer to Question 1

C
Focus groups are small groups of individuals selected because of a common characteristic who are
invited to meet as a group and respond to questions on a topic about which they are expected to have
interest or expertise. Stakeholders are any person, group, or organization that has a vested interest in
the program or project under review. Stakeholder assessments consist of a would-be group of people
with similar experiences who come together to discuss their experiences at an institution in the hope
that the discussion will lead to insights or information that might not have been considered by the
health care team, but could be used for improving care or marketing service in the future. Managerial
epidemiology is the ability to effectively manage the health of a population with the broadest set of
resources available.

Answer to Question 2

A, B, C, D, E, F
Orientation is a key element for new nurses to become familiar with general policies, procedures, and
requirements as well as unit-specific goals and criteria. All of the questions listed above are important
for the nurse to ark regarding the orientation.