This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Health care organizations can be liable for actions other than nurse-related ones. Some of these are ... (Read 9 times)

faduma

Health care organizations can be liable for actions other than nurse-related ones. Some of these are listed below. Which are correct?

a. failure to adequately train patients
  b. failure to provide a safe environment
  c. failure to allow euthanasia in a terminal patient with a contract
  d. failure to provide timely lab services
  e. failure to instruct and train personnel regarding the handling of jaundice in newborns
  f. allowing unlicensed persons to administer IV medications

Question 2

During your transition from student nurse to your first position as a staff nurse, your general an unit orientation are a key component of the transition.

Which of the following questions would be most appropriate for you to ask about orientation? a. How long should I expect to be in orientation?
  b. How will I be paid for my time in orientation?
  c. Do I have to attend every orientation session?
  d. Will I be graded during the orientation?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

olderstudent

Answer to Question 1

B, D, E, F
Health care organizations can be found liable for actions other than those provided by nurses and other health care professionals. Some of these noted in the Professional Negligence Law Reporter from July 2001 to July 2002 include: 1) failure to adequately train personnel in fall prevention (not failure to train patients); 2) failure to provide a safe environment; 3) failure to provide timely lab services; 4) failure to instruct and train personnel regarding the handling of jaundice in newborns; 5) allowing unlicensed persons to administer IV medications; and 6) failure to enforce policies to adequately handle emergencies.

Answer to Question 2

A
It is appropriate for the new graduate to ask about the length of the orientation program. It would not
be appropriate to ask about pay for orientation, grading of performance or whether the graduate should
attend all sessions. Hospitals invest a great deal of funds in orientating new employees and it is
expected that they will participate in the orientation fully.

faduma

Reply 2 on: Jul 7, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

nguyenhoanhat

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library