This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Technology committee members debate the merits of online versus offline storage. Which response is ... (Read 17 times)

asan beg

Technology committee members debate the merits of online versus offline storage. Which response is the most accurate when describing data storage?

1. Online storage is a slower retrieval system.
  2. Offline storage provides access to current data.
  3. Offline storage is used for data that are needed less frequently.
  4. Online storage provides limited access to current data.

Question 2

The nurse is beginning a shift caring for a 26-year-old adult female who has just been admitted to the critical care area of a hospital with a pneumonia and respiratory failure.

The nurse is told that the patient's parents are anxiously sitting in the waiting room. Which of the following statements best reflect a nurse's understanding of the communication needs of the parents? 1. I will hurry with my assessment of your daughter so you can spend time with her after I leave.
  2. Why don't you go have a cup of coffee while I assess your daughter?
  3. Since your daughter is an adult, I really can't share any information with you about her condition.
  4. All of this is probably frightening for you. Would you like to come with me into the room so I can explain equipment and information to you while I care for your daughter?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

rachel

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Online storage systems are faster using high-speed hard disk drives.

Answer to Question 2

Feedback
1 Leaving the family alone in the room with a newly admitted patient fails to take advantage of the opportunity to build a family partnership and nurse-family relationship.
2 Suggesting a family leave during a time when they are anxious does not minimize their uncertainty or address their concerns.
3 Confidentiality can be maintained while informing family members and exchanging information.
4 A nurse can anticipate distress in family members when there is an acute illness. The nurse can plan to include the family, invite the family, and explain the environment to minimize the anxiety.

asan beg

Reply 2 on: Jul 7, 2018
Gracias!

juliaf

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library