This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement by the nurse verifies that the nurse is information literate? 1. I understand how ... (Read 18 times)

melly21297

Which statement by the nurse verifies that the nurse is information literate?

1. I understand how to search for a website and evaluate its usefulness for health care needs.
  2. I utilize databases in the health care setting to input client information such as skin condition.
  3. I use email over the Internet to correspond with clients and provide information.
  4. I can use software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.

Question 2

The nurse understands that nursing informatics is recognized as a specialty area of practice by which statement?

1. Research priorities for nursing informatics include the development of a standard nursing language and the development of databases for clinical information.
  2. A formal educational program at the master's level must be completed before a nurse is eligible to sit for the credentialing examination.
  3. As a differentiated practice, nursing informatics is focused upon the client, the environment, health, and the nurse.
  4. There is a need for nursing informatics interests to gain representation by work groups and organizations within the United States.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

recede

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Information literacy necessitates that nurses have the ability to find, evaluate, and effectively use information. The other answers are examples of computer literacy but do not have the higher functions of information literacy.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The development of research priorities is a key point in a specialty practice. Although degrees at the master's level are available, the degree required for credentialing is typically at the bachelor's level and includes experience in the field. Current demands for safer, cost-effective, quality care require evidence of the best practices supported by research.

melly21297

Reply 2 on: Jul 7, 2018
:D TYSM

tandmlomax84

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

Did you know?

About one in five American adults and teenagers have had a genital herpes infection—and most of them don't know it. People with genital herpes have at least twice the risk of becoming infected with HIV if exposed to it than those people who do not have genital herpes.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library