This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: You are the evening charge nurse responsible for initiating overtime approval on employees' ... (Read 22 times)

jasdeep_brar

You are the evening charge nurse responsible for initiating overtime approval on employees' timecards. One of the nurses comes to you and says, I did not receive overtime pay when I went in the ambulance to transport Mr.

Jones last week, and it is my understanding that our union contract states we get overtime even though the overtime just involved the travel back to the hospital after delivering the patient. Will you please follow up and see that I get the overtime on my next check? What is this an example of?
  A) Collective bargaining activity appropriate for a first-level manager
  B) A problem employee griping
  C) A formal grievance
  D) A problem that needs to be reported to the director of nurses immediately

Question 2

Alternative dispute resolution usually involves at least one of the elements of mediation, fact finding, arbitration, and the use of ombudspersons. What occurs during mediation?

A) Uses a neutral third party, is a confidential, legally nonbinding process designed to help bring the parties together to devise a solution to the conflict
  B) Asks questions to clarify the issues
  C) Binding conflict resolution process in which the facts of the case are heard by an individual who makes a final decision for the parties in conflict
  D) Actual court hearings that focus on evaluating and resolving conflicts through discovery, presentation of evidence, sworn testimony including that of expert witnesses, and cross-examination.