Author Question: Billi Jo is a new UAP. She is eager and excited about her new job in health care. She is helping the ... (Read 27 times)

natalie2426

Billi Jo is a new UAP. She is eager and excited about her new job in health care. She is helping the nurse move a client up in bed. The nurse observes that Billi Jo is using all her back muscles and none of her leg muscles to accomplish this task.

Which response best provides constructive criticism for Billie Jo?
  A) You are not using very good body mechanics
  B) I find when I move clients, it helps to use my leg muscles more and my back muscles less
  C) I hope you are not considering a nursing career because you won't last 2 months if you move clients that way
  D) You were very helpful in moving the client up in the bed

Question 2

On your inpatient ob-gyn unit, the model of patient care delivery consists of a group of patients who are cared for by an RN, an LPN, and a nursing assistive personnel (NAP). This patient care model is called:

a. functional nursing c. total patient care
  b. team nursing d. primary nursing

iceage

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

B
In the team nursing model of patient care, a group of patients is assigned and cared for by a group or team of care providers such as an RN, an LPN, and an NAP. Functional nursing is task-oriented. Total patient care can be described as a patient (or patients) cared for by an RN with some support by other members of the health care staff, but the support staff is not specifically assigned to a particular group of patients. Primary nursing designates the RN as the primary provider of patient care.