This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: California was the first state to mandate nurse-to-patient _____. a. staffing plans c. staffing ... (Read 25 times)

Engineer

California was the first state to mandate nurse-to-patient _____.

a. staffing plans c. staffing patterns
  b. staffing ratios d. staffing departments

Question 2

While working as the charge nurse on the 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. shift, the nurse overhears the UAP speaking harshly to Mr. Hernandez, who has an expressive aphasia and a left hemiparesis from a stroke.

When the UAP leaves the room, the nurse decides to speak with her. Which of the following would be the most appropriate approach?
  A) I have decided to change your assignment from Mr. Hernandez to Mrs. Hopkins
  B) I am concerned because it sounded to me as though you might be losing patience with Mr. Hernandez
  C) You need to watch your tone of voice as it sounded very harsh
  D) Perhaps you need to consider attending a training session on communication skills

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Dominic

Answer to Question 1

B
By January 2005, hospitals in the state of California were required by the California legislature to meet a 1:5 (nurse-to-patient) staffing ratio in all medical-surgical units. Similar legislation is pending in other states, such as Massachusetts.

Answer to Question 2

B

Engineer

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

xoxo123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

On average, the stomach produces 2 L of hydrochloric acid per day.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library