Author Question: Marie, an RN, accompanies the surgeon to Ms. Allen, a diabetic with gangrene of the lower left ... (Read 24 times)

biggirl4568

Marie, an RN, accompanies the surgeon to Ms. Allen, a diabetic with gangrene of the lower left extremity. The surgeon explains to Ms. Allen that he will perform a below-the-knee amputation that will remove the infection.

He will give her some antibiotics, and she will probably go home in few days. After the surgeon leaves, Marie brings in the consent forms and asks Ms. Allen to tell her what the surgeon said. Ms. Allen states, Oh, he is going to remove the infection and give me antibiotics and then I can go home. I feel so much better now because my other doctor told me they were going to cut off my leg Based on this information, Marie's next step should be:
  A) Have Ms. Allen sign the consent form
  B) Draw a picture of a below-the-knee amputation for Ms. Allen
  C) Tell Ms. Allen that she did not hear what her doctor told her
  D) Call the surgeon and explain the situation to him

Question 2

An FTE works how many hours per year?

a. 1,040 c. 1,664
  b. 2,080 d. 1,872

BUTTHOL369

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

B
An FTE works 5 days a week or 40 hours per week for 52 weeks a year. This amounts to 2,080 hours of work time.