This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A colleague frequently forwards funny e-mails to everyone on her contact list. The nurse manager ... (Read 35 times)

Mr3Hunna

A colleague frequently forwards funny e-mails to everyone on her contact list. The nurse manager does not have time to look at the e-mails and is aggravated when they appear.

How should the manager handle this situation? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply. 1. Set the e-mail filter to divert the messages to a spam folder.
  2. Tell the sender that the manager is not allowed to get personal e-mails at work.
  3. Forward the e-mails back to the sender.
  4. Send the colleague an e-mail that reads, Stop wasting my time with these e-mails.
  5. Delete the messages without opening them.

Question 2

A nurse says, At last I feel like I am beginning to harvest some of the benefits of my career. I love sharing what I have learned with the new generation of nurses.

Someone hearing this statement would interpret it to mean the nurse has likely practiced for at least ______ years. Standard Text: Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

alexisweber49

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: If the e-mail can be filtered so that the recipient only has to look at them if desired, they are not as aggravating.
Rationale 2: Using a corporate policy to explain reluctance to get these e-mails will save face for the sender and the recipient.
Rationale 3: This action takes time and is rude.
Rationale 4: Unless the colleague is a dear friend, this e-mail is confrontational and may unnecessarily embarrass the colleague. It may also damage a working relationship.
Rationale 5: There is no rule that says that all messages have to be opened. When the message appears, delete it.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale : The harvest phase of a nursing career often comes after the nurse has practiced for 30 years.
Global Rationale:

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library