Author Question: The nurse manager has completed a series of team-building exercises with a command group. Which ... (Read 33 times)

schs14

The nurse manager has completed a series of team-building exercises with a command group. Which statement by a group member indicates that cohesiveness is occurring?

1. I think I understand the work of the group now.
  2. I have gotten to know my group members better during these exercises.
  3. We have so much work to do in this group.
  4. I like the members of the group.

Question 2

A nurse assistant states, I don't understand why they would select a nurse to be the union representative. Which response by a coworker is appropriate?

1. Administration chose a nurse for this role.
  2. Why do you care who is the representative?
  3. The representative must be an employee of the union or a member of the nursing staff.
  4. The representative must be a nurse if the unionized organization is a hospital or health care organization.

dreamfighter72

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Understanding the work is not an indicator of cohesiveness.
Rationale 2: Just getting to know the group members is not the same as feeling cohesive with them.
Rationale 3: A we statement indicates that the group member feels like a part of a cohesive group.
Rationale 4: Liking the members of the group does not necessarily indicate cohesiveness.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: This person is not chosen by administration.
Rationale 2: It is important that all staff know who the representative is.
Rationale 3: The union representative may be an employee of the union or a member of the nursing staff.
Rationale 4: The union representative may be an employee of the union or a member of the nursing staff.
Global Rationale: