This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse who works in a hospital with a collective bargaining unit requires disciplining. Which ... (Read 43 times)

big1devin

A nurse who works in a hospital with a collective bargaining unit requires disciplining. Which actions by the nurse manager are critical? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected.

Standard Text: Select all that apply. 1. Coaching the nurse as appropriate
  2. Letting the collective bargaining unit handle any disciplinary needs
  3. Reviewing policy and procedures with the nurse
  4. Discussing expectations that were not met
  5. Directing any questions the nurse has to the union representative

Question 2

The nurse is acting as team leader for a client care conference. Which opening statement is best for this meeting?

1. We are all here to discuss the issues with this client's discharge. What issues are we facing?
  2. The issue with this client is the time limit for Medicare to pay has almost expired, and we aren't ready for discharge.
  3. I don't really have time for this meeting today; is there anything I can do to expedite this meeting?
  4. I will let you all decide what might be best, as I am not really as familiar with this client as I should be.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

trog

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: The manager is responsible for many of the same activities as in any situation. Coaching is included in these responsibilities.
Rationale 2: The manager is responsible for discipline in the unit just as in any other situation.
Rationale 3: A review of policy and procedures is part of all disciplinary issues.
Rationale 4: Discussing unmet expectations is a part of all disciplinary issues.
Rationale 5: The manager should answer questions that pertain to the actions for which the nurse is being disciplined.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: The team leader should arrive at the meeting prepared to discuss the issues, not to find out what issues exist.
Rationale 2: The team leader is the meeting facilitator, teacher, and client advocate for the patient care conference. The team leader should know the issues with the client and be able to facilitate the meeting by listing those issues.
Rationale 3: The leader should be willing to give sufficient time to the team to achieve the stated goals.
Rationale 4: The team leader should be familiar with the client and the issues.
Global Rationale:

big1devin

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ghepp

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library