This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A task force leader says, At the beginning of our next meeting we are going to do some team-building ... (Read 47 times)

Chloeellawright

A task force leader says, At the beginning of our next meeting we are going to do some team-building exercises. Which comment by a group member indicates a need for further education about team building?

1. I don't see anything wrong with the way our team works. Why do we have to go through team building?
  2. That should help us meet the goals we have written.
  3. I did some team-building work a long time ago. I probably need a refresher.
  4. I hope the men on our task force will cooperate.

Question 2

A nurse manager is conducting her first interview. The manager requests guidelines for the human resource (HR) director, which are provided. Which response is the best advice given by the HR director?

1. Follow these guidelines and do not ask personal questions.
  2. If you are unsure of a question, ask yourself if the question applies to job performance.
  3. You may ask any question as long as its stated in third person.
  4. You may only asked the questions which are provided.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kristenb95

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Team-building exercises were originally used to improve interpersonal workplace relationships and this group member may still think of them in that vein.
Rationale 2: Team building is a method to improve a group's chances of meeting its goals.
Rationale 3: Team-building skills can be learned, but must be reinforced on the job.
Rationale 4: Research indicates that female students in medicine and nursing are more open-minded about cooperating with other health professionals than are their male counterparts.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 1. Following guidelines and questions provided by HR are appropriate steps in conducting an
interview. At times the manager may have to ask a very specific question related to the job. As
long as the question is related to job performance, the question is appropriate. Asking
questions in third person may still violate state and federal regulations.

Chloeellawright

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
:D TYSM

ebonylittles

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Drying your hands with a paper towel will reduce the bacterial count on your hands by 45–60%.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library