This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In the morning care conference, the nurse instructs the assistant to feed breakfast to the clients ... (Read 51 times)

BrownTown3

In the morning care conference, the nurse instructs the assistant to feed breakfast to the clients in beds 2234, 2230, and 2241. The assistant indicates understanding of the assignment and repeats the bed numbers back to the nurse.

What is the nurse's next step? 1. Check with the assistant to see how the assignment is going during the time breakfast is served.
  2. Check the client's breakfast trays before they are returned to dietary.
  3. Check with the clients to see if they had breakfast.
  4. At the end of the shift ask the assistant how the clients ate.

Question 2

A nursing student discusses short-terms goals with a nurse manager during a job interview. Which indicates the student understands what this means?

1. I want to become a nurse anesthetist within 10 years.
  2. I will be available to come in for extra shifts if needed.
  3. My brother and I want to go to on a mission trip in the next year.
  4. I want to get this job so I can move on to the next part of my life.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

asdfasdf

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Checking with the assistant while the tasks are being done is the best plan. If there is a misunderstanding or problem, this is the best time for the nurse to intervene.
Rationale 2: Simply seeing an empty breakfast tray does not guarantee that the instructions were carried out correctly.
Rationale 3: Checking with the clients does not allow for the nurse to amend the instruction or correct the actions being taken.
Rationale 4: Waiting until the end of the shift does not allow the nurse to amend the instruction or correct actions being taken.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 1. Going on a mission trip is the short-term goal since it involves the next 6 months to a year time
frame. The long-term goal would be to become the nurse anesthetist within 10 years. The
statements about extra shifts and getting the job are broad and not measurable. Thus they are
not goals.

BrownTown3

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
:D TYSM

Hdosisshsbshs

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library