This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse manager should be most careful not to hold preconceived beliefs when listening to which ... (Read 36 times)

codyclark

The nurse manager should be most careful not to hold preconceived beliefs when listening to which person?

1. The hospital administrator discussing next year's budget
  2. A staff nurse the manager has worked with for 25 years
  3. A newly licensed nurse who is hesitant to address the manager
  4. A physician discussing prognosis with the client and family

Question 2

Which are examples of personal goals? Select all that apply.

1. We nurses will each lose 10 pounds by Christmas.
  2. My family will not lose any items while on vacation.
  3. I will study 1 hour every day after school.
  4. My colleagues will not catch me being late for work.
  5. We will save 200 monthly for the next 12 months for a car down payment.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

amandanbreshears

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: The manager will probably pay close attention to the hospital administrator because of the position.
Rationale 2: When there is a long-term relationship, the listener sometimes thinks they know what the other person is going to say. Careful listening is necessary in these situations.
Rationale 3: The manager would be attuned to someone who is new to the organization and who might be hesitant to speak. This is not a common situation in which the manager would have preconceived beliefs.
Rationale 4: The nurse manager will likely listen very closely to this conversation without preconceived beliefs.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

1, 2, 3, 5
Explanation: 1. Personal goals are those not work related. Thus, the nurses losing weight, not losing items,
studying, and saving are all personal goals. Avoiding being late for work (or getting caught) is
a job-related goal.

codyclark

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Excellent

Dnite

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

The immune system needs 9.5 hours of sleep in total darkness to recharge completely.

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library