Author Question: What characteristics would cause the manager to classify an employee as marginal? Note: Credit will ... (Read 37 times)

silviawilliams41

What characteristics would cause the manager to classify an employee as marginal? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. The employee works only when client census calls for additional staff.
  2. The employee's work does not improve with coaching.
  3. The employee just made an error for which discipline has already been done twice.
  4. The employee has worked at the facility for less than 1 month.
  5. The employee does not mix well with the other staff, but stays on the margins of the group.

Question 2

When acting as the team leader for a patient care conference, which statement is appropriate?

1. We are all here to discuss the issues with this clients discharge. Can anyone tell me what those issues
  are?
  2. The issue with this client is the time limit for Medicare to pay has almost expired, and we arent ready for
  discharge.
  3. I dont really have time for this meeting today; is there anything I can do to expedite this meeting?
  4. I will let you all decide what might be best for this client, as I am not really as familiar with her as I
  should be.

jessofishing

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: An employee who works only on a prn basis is not necessarily a marginal employee.
Rationale 2: A marginal employee does not take instruction well.
Rationale 3: An employee whose work does not improve after discipline is a marginal employee.
Rationale 4: Length of employment has little to do with being classified as marginal.
Rationale 5: Marginal does not mean staying at the margins of the social group.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 1. The team leader is the meeting facilitator, teacher, and client advocate for the patient care
conference.