This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A valued longtime nursing employee says to the manager, I'm so tired of all the politics on this ... (Read 33 times)

Jipu 123

A valued longtime nursing employee says to the manager, I'm so tired of all the politics on this unit. I'm thinking about retiring. What should be the manger's response?

1. I've just got 3 more years and I can retire. I can't wait.
  2. I know, but I can't do anything to change the situation.
  3. I'd hate to lose you, but have you thought about transferring to a different unit?
  4. Will you stay if I can get you a raise?

Question 2

The chairperson of the nursing faculty leads the monthly meetings of the curriculum committee. This permanent group, which is assigned to meet organizational goals, is known as a(an):

1. Ordinary interacting group.
  2. Command group.
  3. Task force.
  4. Informal group.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

elyse44

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: If the manager wishes to retain this employee, a statement about wanting to retire is not prudent.
Rationale 2: The manager is not offering this nurse any alternative except that the politics will continue.
Rationale 3: The manager has offered the possibility of lateral transfer to this employee. It will not keep the employee on the manager's unit, but will keep the employee in the organization.
Rationale 4: Money might be enough to entice the employee to stay, but it is not the best option offered.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 1. The purpose of a command group is to accomplish tasks in an organization, and these groups
are recognized as legitimate organizational entities. An ordinary interacting group generally
has a formal leader and is run with an informal structure. A task force has a focus with a
specific time-limited assignment. An informal group evolves from social interactions that have
no organizational structure.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library