This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: If a nurse is using critical thinking skills in deciding which of several options is the best, which ... (Read 30 times)

scienceeasy

If a nurse is using critical thinking skills in deciding which of several options is the best, which would the nurse take into consideration?

1. Different situational effects
  2. How the problem is usually handled
  3. The easiest alternative
  4. The nursing process

Question 2

The manager senses that a nurse is very anxious at the beginning of the performance interview. How should the manager proceed?

1. I have looked back over all of my notes and interactions with you to prepare for our interview.
  2. I sense that you are very tense. Is there a reason you feel this way?
  3. You are so tense How about a cup of coffee to relax.
  4. How are your children? Are you planning anything fun this summer with them?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

matt95

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 1. Critical thinking involves choosing the best alternative from several, very much dependent
upon the situation in which the problem occurred. Handling the problem the way its usually
handled or choosing the easiest alternative may be easy but would not involve critical
thinking. The nursing process should be used in critical thinking, but the changing situation is
the more defining and specific characteristic of critical thinking.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: The manager should calmly start the interview, ignoring the nurse's tension, which will likely pass as the interview continues.
Rationale 2: Drawing attention to the nurse's feelings in this manner would not serve to ease the tension.
Rationale 3: The manager should not draw attention to the fact that the nurse is tense.
Rationale 4: The fact that the interview is going to happen will not be changed by social chit-chat and the nurse will still be nervous.
Global Rationale:

scienceeasy

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

lcapri7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

To maintain good kidney function, you should drink at least 3 quarts of water daily. Water dilutes urine and helps prevent concentrations of salts and minerals that can lead to kidney stone formation. Chronic dehydration is a major contributor to the development of kidney stones.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

For high blood pressure (hypertension), a new class of drug, called a vasopeptidase blocker (inhibitor), has been developed. It decreases blood pressure by simultaneously dilating the peripheral arteries and increasing the body's loss of salt.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library